I often go for trekking and few days before our trek is an exciting phase when we are getting ourself ready for challenge. Preparation and right equipments helps a lot, so here's my checklist of things to pack...
Packing for trek is an interesting trade-off where neither we like to carry any extra weight which isn't necessary, nor we want to miss on essentials. Good trekking gears helps a lot in comforting us, easing our journey and for our safety and well-being.
Here is a checklist of things to carry which will help us in this adventure.
Things to carry
- Good quality bag.
- Trek shoes. Shoe cover. Slippers for pre/post trek days.
- Water repellant pants.
- Full-sleeve water repellant and breather shirts.
- Waterproof gloves.
- Thermals for night stay.
- Warm Jacket.
- Light jacket/windcheater.
- Sunglasses with UV protection.
- Sunscreen, Toothbrush, toothpaste, cream, lip balm.
- Medicine kit.
- Napkins, tissue paper.
- Ziplock bags.
- Water bottle/thermos.
- Torch light.
- Chargers of our electronic devices.
- Trek pole.
- Dry fruits.
- ID card. Wallet. Extra cash.
- Travel tickets.
- Cut nails.
- Charge all electronic devices.
- Get some snacks.
- Check medical supplies.
- Download offline maps.
- Clean up camera memory card and mobile to have ample space for new videos and pictures.
- Remove unnecessary cards, ID, coins from wallet.
Anything else I missed or any good to have stuff. Please feel free to suggest me in the comments below.
- Ayush 🙂