Insights of git repository using git-quick-stats
It’s interesting to get insights from our git repository like contributions stats, commits per author, commits per month/week/date, code reviewers.
There is an interesting tool called git-quick-stats to help generating these insights.
It’s straightforward to install on linux, mac by following these steps. However, on windows it’s bit tricky, hence follow these steps-
- Download git-quick-stats file (either clone this repo or just that single file).
- Put this file in some path which is added in path environment variable.
- Open global .gitconfig file and add this alias
ofcourse adjust the path above to the one you have.
[alias] quick-stats = ! c:/cli-tools/git-quick-stats
- Or you can perform step 3 and 4 using command
git config --global alias.quick-stats '! c:/cli-tools/git-quick-stats
- cd into the git repo for which you want to see the insights and run
That’s all! play with the options and generate the required stats.
- Ayush 🙂